Royal Caribbean stops bookings until January due to capacity limit

Royal Caribbean International has temporarily suspended bookings for cruises until early January due to capacity limits being observed.

“Cruises departing through early January 2022 are no longer open for new bookings as they have reached the limited capacity we have set”, Vicki Freed, senior vice president of sales and support and commercial service at Royal Caribbean International.

This follows the emergence of COVID clusters on Royal Caribbean ships.

Odyssey of the seas was sailing the Caribbean with 55 cases on Thursday. And Symphony of the Seas landed on Saturday with 48 people tested positive. Passengers told USA TODAY that the ship’s crew and medics appeared “overwhelmed,” a claim denied by Royal Caribbean.

Symphony of the Seas passengers said staff were overwhelmed by the COVID situation on board, a claim denied by the cruise line.

►COVID on cruise ships:CDC investigating Royal Caribbean, Carnival denied entry to port, MSC had 28 cases on board

►Nervous about traveling (again?):What to Know About Airline, Hotel and Cruise Cancellation Policies as Omicron Rises

The crossings have been removed from the Royal Caribbean website, as the cruise line has done with other cruises earlier in the year, the cruise line said.

Capacity limitation is part of the “robust, multi-layered protocols” the line has in place, including vaccination requirements, mask wear and testing.

Royal Caribbean also told passengers in a note on Friday that he would tighten restrictions on masks until January 5.

“With the recent increase in COVID-19 worldwide and the addition of omicron variant issues, we believe it is prudent to temporarily tighten our onboard health protocols to require indoor masks at all. moment, unless you’re actively eating or drinking, ”Freed said. “This new update also applies to areas and sites vaccinated.”

The cruise line has asked passengers to understand that health and safety comes first.


Source link